Wednesday, January 7, 2015

So you want to work from home?

Just read a great article for any of you out there hoping to have the "can I work remotely?" conversation with his or her boss.

It's a tough situation, and I've attempted it at least once in my life (giving only all of the positive benefits to the company), but unfortunately I work in architecture, and generally architects are not good business-people and they were unable to see the forest through the trees.  It was as if the words "consultant" and "cost-effective" were not only foreign, but more likely lethal.

I'm hoping that you will have more success on your ventures, and that I may have that same success in any future attempts.  In case you are making a case...here's the article to help you plan your successful "work-from-home" query!  And just in case anyone out in the great beyond is in architecture and needs a remote architect...hit me up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment