Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Why do you #LoveTheWorld?

You don't have to be famous to love the world, though BBC got some great feedback from some famous people, writers, reporters, and more.  Now it's your turn; What is an experience from YOUR past year that made you (or reminded you how much) you love the world?


For me, it was staring out the window, knowing it was meant to rain at the furthest North point we would be in Norway during our trip, and coming to terms with the fact that it was unlikely, even on a clear night, that we would see the Northern Lights there.  A cloud appeared before my eyes...smokey and light over the wing of the plane around 2 am.  Except it wasn't a cloud...it was a morphing, spooky, twisting ribbon of light, right in front of my eyes.  The Northern Lights had appeared as I sat doubting my chances of their presence.  The world is mysterious, and I love it!


Check out the original article, and tell me what you think!

In the meantime, here's some of my feedback on BBCs 50 Reasons To #LoveTheWorld:

49.  OMG.

41, 40, 38...all of these make me smile just imagining how these people must have felt...not only in the moment that they experienced these things...but in the moments when they recall them.

36...adORABLe.

33...CHILLS.

32, always.

26...what a world! Crazy beautiful.

25: The answers always are within the youngest of our generations

22.  It is AMAZING what a little effort will do.  An attempt, even a failed one, takes you miles.

20. Are you happy to be alive?  FIND YOUR HAPPY PLACE(S)!

18.  Closing Time: "some other beginning's end"

17.  Remember you are a small thing in this big place.  And this big place is also very small.

9.  Tony Hawk knows what's up...and he mentioned Skateistan!  I featured a story on them a while back!  Yay!

4...what truth!  Despite our best efforts we can never see or know it all!

1.  HAHA...was there ever any doubt??

1 comment:

  1. Talking with Adelheid in Norway. She's the best and I look at her print every single day, it's so beautiful! Also, seeing where my family is from in Slovenia. It seemed like a million miles away, but being there made the world feel small and a 100 years disappear. Traveling has taught me how similar we all are. We want the same thing a from life, regardless of the language we speak or the country we're born in.

    ReplyDelete